Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Celestron Skyq link

Hopefully a quick and easy question - sorry if it has been asked before but I couldn't find it - what are the differences between Skyq Link and Skyq Link 2? I am looking for the right product to use with a Nexstar 6SE that I have on order :D

thanks.

Hi John, might stand corrected but i think SkyLink 2 it is just the upgraded version which ironed out a few bugs in the original version. I have it but havent used it so someone using it will be able to give better detail.

Thanks. I'm not sure if I'm going to get it or not - I have heard that it is a pain to use as you have to align using the app and can't use it in conjunction with the handset as neither knows what the other has done.

I have the SkyQlink 1 but never really found this was going to make a huge difference to my observing. I actually feel its overpriced for something you can do with a £20 bluetooth adapter and practically any version of Sky Safari. 

The accessory I do love and depend on is the Celestron StarSense camera. This is really magic and save me a lot of time. 

Archived