sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_2.thumb.jpg.72789c04780d7659f5b63ea05534a956.jpg

M42 And the running man HaRGB

I keep "upgrading" my older pics and it actually turns out better then i thought it would... :)

I first captured Orion RGB on the 7.3.2014 with the moon really close by (18x150sec@ISO200).
Later that year i added the running man with RGB data from 26.12.2014 (11x120sec@ISO800), and the pic instantly looked "more complete".

Then here a couple of weeks ago i was able to gather 20 min of Ha data (10x120sec@ISO3200]. Not nearly enough with my unmodded 550D, but helped a bit still.
It's my first attempt in HaRGB, so i'm quite pleased with. :)

Edit: First is HaRGB, 2nd is the old RGB.

M42-running-man-akam-sgl HaRGB.jpg

M42-running-man-akam-sgl.jpg

Edited by Jannis
  • Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By alexbb
      This is another finished target for this season.
      I (quite) recently bought a TS Photoline 102 ED with FPL53 which performs surprisingly well for a doublet. So I put it to tests and imaging, in parallel with an older FPL51 AstroProfessional 102 ED doublet.
      The blue color correction is much better in the newer TS. I shoot luminance often with both and then take the highlights from the better scope.
      For this image I also used some older data that I had available, shot with a 130PDS, but that maybe only made my life more difficult. Not that otherwise I shot data through the refractors in a single panel with reducers/correctors, but also in 2 panels with no reducing correctors. Same about the RGB. Some shorter exposures from the backyard, some from a dark site, most of the G data from a dark site, B and R from home (clouds came in at the dark site) and a lot of other adventures.
      But in the end I managed to put them all together and made an image out of them.
      You can watch it in full resolution and see other details on astrobin: Great Orion Nebula
      Clear skies!
      Alex

• By Cobberwebb
      I've had a Star Adventure since October, but haven't had a chance to use it until Friday night (work and weather limitations). Also, I don't have a car at the moment, so I'm quite limited to how far I can travel on my e-bike and get to dark skies.
      Ran into a couple of issues, 1. my Nikon Z50 is limited to 30 second exposures and the wifi connection to my phone so I could use qDslrDashboard was terrible (now found out I can tether directly to the phone via USB, yey!). 2. my lens started to fog (a warmer was ordered as soon as I got home and has now arrived).
      Anyway, what I did manage to get was a nice shot of the Orion Nebula.
      Nikon Z50. 50-250mm kit lens @250mm. F6.3. 26x30s exposures. ISO640. Sky Watcher Star Adventure.
      I want to try the Horsehead or Rosette next, not sure how well the unmodded Z50 is with HA though.

• By astrobena
      Heres my first ever shot of the Orion Nebula in a Bortal 8 sky (as well as my first nebula). I stacked 52 light frames with Deep Sky Stacker (with dark, bias and flat frames) and then edited the stacked image with photoshop. The Core looks kind of blown out, so I'll need some shorter exposures to combine with this version.
      I've also got a question linked to this: As i'm in a Bortal 8 location (on the edge of London, UK) i feel like i'm kind of limited by the exposure length befor the image just looks completly white/redisch from light pollution. For this photo i used 45 second Exposures but had to bump down the ISO to 200 to make it not look overexposed. In the end, does it really matter if the image looks overexposed due to light pollution because the light from the actuall DSO will still be there and can be filtered out through the power of editing or does this not really work?
      *Any other comments or things i can/should change with the image would be greatly appreciated
      Many Thanks to anyone taking their time to comment!

• By AstroM1
      Nikon D5100 + WO ZS73 II Star Adventurer Pro 150 x 30 sec + DOF
    • By Nicola Hannah Butterfield
      First image from my new NEQ6 Pro driven mount, all other images before this were static.
      Sky Watcher 200P prime focus, 10x 60's lights, darks, bias and flats. ISO 200
      Bortle 6
      Yes I know there is a plane track through it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.