Help for the bambi of the sky!

Hello, 

I'm not sure if this will work as I will be the one physically doing but ill give it a go! 

I have recently been given my first telescope. Very excited but like most people who use it for the first time...  I can't get it to work... to make life even harder it came without instructions!!! 

It's a heritage 90 virtuoso telescope with motor... I managed to get it together and I get the moving and locking systems but can't actually see anything and don't know any of the features... If anyone has a manual or knowledge it would be greatly appreciated!!!! :)

Hi and a warm welcome to the SGL. You will have to give a little more information for us to help. For example what eyepiece did you try? This may seem silly, but did you take the cap off the front of the telescope? We have all made that mistake at sometime.

Is this the manual for your telescope?

Make sure the end caps of the telescope and the eyepiece are removed. Try it on a terrestrial target. Any distant landmark will do, like a street light way down the road or a chimney or hilltop or whatever you have available. The telescope cannot focus on nearby objects.

Edit: also experiment with the full range of the focuser. Initially, the image can be so unsharp that you recognise nothing. Focussing will remedy that.

• 2 months later...

oh wow, i didnt even realise anyone had replied! thank you for all your help. i had taken the caps off and i did find one of the videos but still not very good at it.... back to the books! I guess just keep going! thanks again! :) 

Archived