SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M57 - little gem in a big sky

Roy Batty

At last I got a chance to get the scope out after what must be a month of carp weather. Although it was fairly clear last night it was still a case of cloud dodging and I finally gave up at around 1:30 AM when a large bank of cloud drifted across from the north west.

Even this stack of M57 didn't amount to many subs, 16 in total in fact, before it was cut short by cloud. Still musn't grumble at least I got the chance to do some imaging.

BTW: I was also rewarded with the sight of a spectacular shooting star last night to my north east - even made me go whoaaa :D

cheers for now...

RB

M57 - 7th June 2008

6482_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Good spot ...Algol & thanks for the id Marius. :thumbright:

You know I thought there was probably something there, but just didn't bother to go any further with looking up what it might be.

Had clouds not stopped play I may have been able to get even more of this one.

I'm always impressed at what can be achieved with sticking a DSLR on a scope, as this stack was just 16 minutes total exposure.

cheers

RB

Archived