Narrowband

Carte de ciel eqmod

ultramol

I want to use EQMOD mosaic but I cant fathom out how to put the FOV rectangle overlay in carte de ciel or indeed if its done using EQMOD mosaic. I watched a video tutorial but it teasingly omits this at the start of the video although it does mention about the colour of the box and how he does'nt know how to change that. Any help would be most welcome. Thanks in advance   Geoff

Thank you Chris. I have now found the fov rectangle but when I overlay this on the map it refuses to move when I change  boxes in eqmosaic. I have only done this in simulator but I changed all the drivers to do this . No matter what I do the box does not move when I  change  positions in mosaic. I just dont know what I am doing wrong and any help would be most appreciated. Thanks     Geoff....

I don't know why that wouldn't work, the FOV rectangle should be associated with telescope cursor position so as long as you've connected to CDC to a telescope, and have connected EQMOSOAIC to the same telescope then any movement of that telescope should be reflected in CDC. If you move the telescope using the EQMOD direction button does that move the rectangle? You are double clicking in the mosaic grid to force the move?

When I double click the mosaic grid the command to slew starts i.e. the voice says slewing to position but nothing moves at all. The only way I can get the fov box to move is with the tab keys. Just been trying it over M31 but I cant seem to get it to work. I have connected the scope as simulator both in eqmod and mosaic but to no avail. Sorry to be a pest but I am stumped...

Tab keys do nothing for me other than cycle focus around various window controls.
If moving the simulator via the EQMOD direction keys doesn't produce movement of the CDC cursor then I can only assume CDC hasn't connected to the EQMOD simulator correctly - there aren't two instances of the simulator appearing are there?

No there is only one simulator showing. The co ordinates move after it says slewing to target and it says slewing complete but the fov rectangle has not moved at all. I am going to set it up with everything attached to my scope and try it that way rather than in simulation mode. Its just when I watch your video it is very easy to set it up by watching where the box goes simply by clicking on the grid and from there to the imaging sequence. In your video you say you cannot get the box colour anything but white well mine is in red, dont know if that means anything other than I have a different version than the one on the video. Many thanks again for your help....Geoff

On my version of CDC a red outline indicates a FOV box has been manually dropped (right click, new finder circle)- You can drop as many of these as you like but they aren't  assoicated with mount and they dont move. The FOV marker assoicated with a connected mount's position is white. Make sure you've set CDC to track the telescope (an option on the telescope menu)

Chris

Thanks Chris, Can I explain it this way

1   Start CdC

2  Select target and zoom in

3  Setup/Display  Turn off circle presets. Turn off rectangle presets (stops cluttering screen )

4  Highlite empty Preset and click compute button

5  Enter camera and scope settings and press compute

6  New preset my camera size. Turn on and highlight

Do I now click Apply and OK. Because when I do, nothing happens, until I tick the mark centre of the chart. This is when the red box pops up  and I can move this with the arrow buttons until I connect the scope then they wont.Failing this maybe you know of a tutorial for CdC which goes through assigning a fov rectangle for  use with Mosaic. I don't like to keep bothering people. I feel I am just missing something somewhere....Regards ....Geoff

No,  don't mark the centre of the chart as this just puts a fixed reticule over the centre of the chart - this is nothing to do with telescope position. Just define your reticule dimesions, connect to the telescope and have CDC track the telescope. CDC will then poll the telescope (mount) for position and display a white reticule at the  corresponding location on the planetarium display.

Chris.

Archived