Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Star sense or SkyQ link v2 for AVX mount

I have an advanced VX mount with a C8 Newtonian on top. I also have an iPad Air with Celestrons Sky Portal app installed.

As you may know from other threads I've posted, I am having trouble with alignment etc. This has led me to look at alternatives to the nexstar plus system. I am considering the star sense accessory, as this seems like it would make life easy. However, I am also aware of the Celestron Sky Q wifi link v2 which is compatible with my setup. 

On the face of it, the SkyQ setup looks like it would take all necessary time/location data from the iPad and make alignment easy, as well as allow immediate go to facilities, on top of which it provides audible info on the object being viewed. All this coupled with the fact that it is only £113 at FLO, It is a lot cheaper than Sky Sense.

has anyone used both of these systems and if so, which would be the better buy?

all the best

Bob

Archived