Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Getting correct Lat and long

Click on your location on Google maps. Just a left click with the map zoomed right in.  Your long and lat are shown at the bottom of the map in decimal degrees.  Click on those figures and the Deg/hr/min/sec is shown in a new box on the left of the screen.  Click around a bit and you can see the values changing.

I can get an exact value (within the limits of Google maps) for either my house or observatory (about 20m apart.)

Yes input the cords into the synscan handset manually, also remember the date is in american format as in month/day 

Daylight savings starts 27 march so answer no to this until then  see http://www.timeanddate.com/time/dst/2016.html

If the mount does anything unusual like pointing in the wrong place double and triple check all the info you've input into the hanset

I've just bought an NEQ6 and have found an app on Android that gives all the app info you need. It's called synscaninit. It's free and seems to be very good. Pulls info from your GPS location and works out the rest so very useful at a dark side with no data access. Not sure if available for ios though I'm afraid. 

Thanks 

Ed 

8 minutes ago, edarter said:

I've just bought an NEQ6 and have found an app on Android that gives all the app info you need. It's called synscaninit. It's free and seems to be very good. Pulls info from your GPS location and works out the rest so very useful at a dark side with no data access. Not sure if available for ios though I'm afraid. 

Thanks 

Ed 

Ok thanks for that ?

Archived