Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mak question?

Yes and Yes :icon_biggrin: Sorry bout that I couldn't resist. If your restricted to budget or size then the 90 is a fine performer but if you can stretch to the 127 that will be better for grabbing more photons and resolution. I used a 127 for some time on planetary and was so impressed I now have a 180:icon_biggrin:

I had a 90mm years ago, and recently had the 127mm. The 127mm was very good on planets once cooled. The 90 didn't really have the resolving power to show anything other than basic planetary features, but it was great on the Moon and super portable. 

2 hours ago, Andy78 said:

Thanx for all the advice, I'll have a look at the 102, but I had my eye on the 127 on an eq3-2 mount! Once again, thank for thi info and advice!!

That is a good combination of scope and mount. If you also want to look at deep sky, I wouldn't get any smaller than 127mm. I sometimes think that I should have bought the 150mm.

Archived