SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M81 Atik414EX advice needed

have i reached the limit of the amount of data i have to be able to produce a clean image? 

it seems very noisy to me considering i added darks and bias.

i dont think my flats turned out too well as when i stacked with them the dusts bunny's looked raised. is this easy solvable? 

ive uploaded a flat. ive never took flats before so wasn't sure how they really work.

16x200 lights

100 bias

16darks

16 flatls 

all at -15 degrees 

thanks in advance for any help 

Danski

81darknbias.png

flat.jpg

The flats looks fine, but the two bottom right are much darker than the others and I have found sometimes really dark dust particles need properly removing.  

However the themselves subs are rather short and you could certainly do with several hours worth of data to reach the point where you don;t nee any more. 

Considering the shortness of the exposures you have captured some very nice detail.

carole 

56 minutes ago, carastro said:

The flats looks fine, but the two bottom right are much darker than the others and I have found sometimes really dark dust particles need properly removing.  

However the themselves subs are rather short and you could certainly do with several hours worth of data to reach the point where you don;t nee any more. 

Considering the shortness of the exposures you have captured some very nice detail.

carole 

thanks carole i couldnt go any long as i had issues with guding. im convinced its down to my balance. the RC has a short dovetail and the imaging train is nearly as big as the scope. im going to have to find some tube rings and a longer dovetail.

Archived