SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hooray At Last

I had almost given up hope of ever using my kit again after the abysmal weather :clouds2: we have been having. However I was very surprised to see no clouds in the sky at 8.00 last night. I put out my kit to cool down and crossed my fingers that the clouds wouldn't role in and spoil it. On the way back from the local shop I noticed the thin Crescent Moon hanging in the sky to the West and it looked a pretty picture but decided to go for some deep sky stuff instead.

With the skies not being that dark, even near Midnight, I decided to take a stab at M13 again to get a widefield shot of it. The following capture is a stack of 15 x 2 mins shots on my Canon 400D at prime focus ISO 400 (darks and bias applied). Whilst this was brewing I had a good tour around with the 12" Light Bridge taking in M13, M57, M27, M53, M91 and NGC4565. In the frame to the top left is the galaxy NGC6207.

6474_normal.jpeg
(click to enlarge)

Regards

Kevin

Thats a lovely M13 Kevin......very well captured......Lives up to its name of `The Great Globular Cluster` and its easy to see why......

Mark

LB - Apparently M13 contains several hundred thousand stars, but i`ll let you know exact figures after i have finished counting them :laughing3:

Archived