Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

It has arrived: the Delos 14mm

It is a lovely eyepiece, tiny bit of edge distortion but nothing to get out of bed over. It was a great Juptier eyepiece in my SC, it was about the top limit that I took it to on that scope but stunning sharpness, but then all TeleVues are. Many congratulations Michael!!

31 minutes ago, alan potts said:

It is a lovely eyepiece, tiny bit of edge distortion but nothing to get out of bed over. It was a great Juptier eyepiece in my SC, it was about the top limit that I took it to on that scope but stunning sharpness, but then all TeleVues are. Many congratulations Michael!!

Cheers Alan. It will feature mainly as a planetary nebula hunter (or for small galaxies) than for planets. Looking forward to first light

There is something truely satisfying about unboxing a mint TeleVue. Bullet proof but understated box, firm white foam, industrial plastic bag and a beautifully engineered eyepiece. I've got no idea why they bother with the stickers though!

I can't decide between the 10 or the 14mm to join my little TV family.

Enjoy.

Paul

These are stunning eyepeices even in fast scopes. I use them for higher magnifications in my 16 inch dob and use naglers for lower powers. What I noticed was as I increase the mag and switch to delos the image doesnt degrade and seems to be more comfortable even over the fabulous nagler type 4 design.

I would be happy with a case full of delos eypieces although I dont think id be alone on that point . Cheers

11 hours ago, Paul73 said:

There is something truely satisfying about unboxing a mint TeleVue. Bullet proof but understated box, firm white foam, industrial plastic bag and a beautifully engineered eyepiece. I've got no idea why they bother with the stickers though!

I can't decide between the 10 or the 14mm to join my little TV family.

Enjoy.

Paul

Then don't decide and get both :evil:

;)

8 hours ago, Piero said:

Very nice! :)

You are tempting me to get the 8mm from them.. 

I have the 8mm and it is superb. I was actually hoping to get a 6mm with parfocalizing ring to sit between the XW5 and XW7, but they didn't have that on offer, so I got the 14mm to replace the 14mm Morpheus instead (that has gone to a good home already)

I've just received a Delos from Okularum too. The 8mm. They really are absolute beauties!

Luckily there was a bit of clear sky for me this morning and I had a cracking view of Jupiter and M13, despite the deep sky destroyer :-) 

It's super comfortable to use. Although I don't wear glasses I love the eye relief.

Cannot wait to get the EP out under Shropshire dark skies.

Andy.

5 hours ago, horseheadnebula said:

Thanks Axunator for pointing out okularum tip/link! I also ordered Delos 8mm. My first eyepiece besides two plossls which came with the telescope.

Michael, you didn't like Morpheus after all? Is there big difference between Delos and Morpheus?

The Morpheus was certainly very good, I just didn't quite get on with the slight field curvature I noticed. The Delos doesn't show that.

7 minutes ago, Damo636 said:

........ I've also previously owned  the 14mm Delos and found it excellent........

Can I ask why you don't have one now? I'm just considering where to stop with my collection, should more arrive? as I have this ability to collect 'sets'.

Cheers Damo636.....Trying seems the only way these days, and although manufactured to a specific design in their thousands,  EPs  can  differ in their result and satisfaction  between each individual user. What's right for you and I, will not suit everyone!
I keep harping on about the bad weather here, but I still need a decent night and some time to evaluate the Delos in my collection. I think the 6, 8 and possibly the 10mm will suffice for the f/6 Skyliner, expanding maybe if I go faster with a 12 or 10" scope?

Archived