Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Help on focus with Baader Zoom + Herschel on 80ED

Hi all!

It seems that I can't reach focus with my 80ED and my Herschel wedge when using a Baader zoom ... I had to add the provided 2.5x barlow to barely reach focus, and only when using the 8mm position ... all other FL were out of focus.

Anyone else using this combo can tell me if they are able to reach focus ? I wonder if my clicklock on the focuser is too thick and prevents me to reach focus ...

DSC_0333.JPG

I was afraid of getting this answer ;) I really like the clicklock on the focuser, rock solid and easy to use. I wrote to baader support to see what can be done about it ....

Thanks for your anwser!

Hmmmm

Here is the answer from Baader

Could you try to take off the 2" Clicklock from the Herschel Wedge and use following parts instead -

#1508035  Adapterring 2"a to T-2a

#2458100  ClickLock 1.25"

I am not enough of a solar enthusiast and I've been thinking of selling it as I only used it twice... If I now need to buy more adapters and whatnots, I'll put it up for sale for sure ;)

I was thinking of getting a proper camera for planetary work ... ASI224 or ASI174 ... not decided yet but that will be for another 'spend my money' thread ;)

43 minutes ago, Vox45 said:

Hmmmm

Here is the answer from Baader

Could you try to take off the 2" Clicklock from the Herschel Wedge and use following parts instead -

#1508035  Adapterring 2"a to T-2a

#2458100  ClickLock 1.25"

I am not enough of a solar enthusiast and I've been thinking of selling it as I only used it twice... If I now need to buy more adapters and whatnots, I'll put it up for sale for sure ;)

That was the solution I went with - it worked for me and cost about £80 total. 

Btw it is still a clicklock solution. 

50 minutes ago, Tonynexevo925 said:

That was the solution I went with - it worked for me and cost about £80 total. 

Btw it is still a clicklock solution. 

That is good to know :) thank you

Final word from Baader

******************************************************************************************************************************************

The best solution would be indeed to buy the two parts listed below - thus changing to the 1.25" ClickLock System.

The only alternative we could think of would be to exchange the Skywatcher drawtube with our BDS-RT Baader Diamond Steeltrack.

For this we have a short Synta tube adapter under preparation (but not yet available). This way you would further reduce the optical lightpath.

******************************************************************************************************************************************

Expect to see my Herschel wedge in the classified soon ! ;)

Archived