Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

At last!

Scorpion50

Jupiter is just amazing, isn't it? So cool to see it with your very own eyes, and it changes every night. Seeing Saturn and its ring system is something really special ... for the first time, and every time after that too ;)

22 hours ago, Scorpion50 said:

I managed to see Jupiter and three of its moons last Sunday night. Very happy with myself as I still don't know my way round the sky. Next target us Saturn, when I can find it.

The four main Galilean moons change position from session to session (even within a long session).  And sometimes they are behind or in front of Jupiter.  Have you used Stellarium to identify them?  It's all part of the fun.

Saturn is also easy, and very rewarding.  The rings are showing up well at present.  Again, Stellarium shows you where it is in the sky, and when.  And you can alter the time to see when it is at its highest elevation for best observation.

Enjoy!

Doug.

Archived