Banner.jpg.39bf5bb2e6bf87794d3e2a4b88f26f1b.jpg

Lifecam cinema

ultramol

The camera may be more sensitive to IR light. It is usually a good idea to put an IR filter on a modified webcam to replace the one you removed during the modification. Cameras are more sensitive to IR and as IR light focuses on a different plane to visible light this might show up as a blurred image or a slight colour cast.

My recollection is that my images had a definite pinkish colour cast when I used the Lifecam Cinema.  It's easy enough to sort out by rebalancing the colours in processing, though experimenting with the colour balance etc. might also help.

James

2 hours ago, JamesF said:

My recollection is that my images had a definite pinkish colour cast when I used the Lifecam Cinema.  It's easy enough to sort out by rebalancing the colours in processing, though experimenting with the colour balance etc. might also help.

James

James was it showing a colour cast with a filter in it ?

This is a capture using my Lifecam with a £10 'Skys the Limit' IR filter off ebay, aligned in PIPP and 15% of frames stacked in Autostakkert!2 but no other processing:

As_Stacked_Capture_2015-04-18T21_02_48_p

Colour is pretty much as per the original video capture.

This is a similar shot after a bit of (over?) processing:

Jupiter_Rescued.thumb.jpg.d8c02347366484

Capture 2015-04-18T21_02_48_pipp_g3_ap18.tif

Capture 2015-04-18T21_02_48_pipp_g3_ap18.tif

24 minutes ago, ultramol said:

James was it showing a colour cast with a filter in it ?

With an IR filter, yes.  I think perhaps it's just more sensitive in the red or I didn't have a good colour balance set.  It might well just be that the defaults are more tailored towards indoor use.

James

Thanks to you all for your advice. Just had two nights on the run of clear skies and now the weather forecast is for perpetual cloud again. When it does clear I will try to get it to work with a filter and colour adjustment. Once again many thanks....Geoff