Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_celestial_motion.thumb.jpg.a9e9349c45f96ed7928eb32f1baf76ed.jpg

Bostonteax

Skywatcher and Telrad

No and no but may I suggest fixing it with plastic cable ties first without removing the paper off the sticky pads.Get it in the position your happy with and then alighn it with the scope(use Polaris maybe).Once aligned mark the position with masking tape then remove the paper off the sticky pads and slick down.If it's not accurate enough you can remove the pads using a hairdryer and try again using car number plate stickers(same thing)

• Like 1

I do use a Telrad on my scope but it was easier to fit just used a engineers square.

It's just I'm not sure where to put in on this!  It's pretty big I understand and I do need to slide scope to balance it.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Oh right I see what's going on May I suggest using the Rigel quick finder instead you can get them from Flo logo at top of page the base plate is a lot smaller than the Telrad so it may fit if it doesn't you can send it back.A lot of people on here use them and say their on par with the Telrad hope this helps,it may fit in front of the front tube ring

regards Jonn

Edited by triton1
  • Like 1