QSI683 Back Focus ?

Davey-T

Have been trying to image with the QSI683 and WO Star71 but given up because of the weather so have decided to try it on the WO110FLT but having trouble working out the spacing using the WO flattener 1V.

Presumably I have the medium body, filter wheel no OAG.

Any idea to save my brain ache :)

Dave

56c0ce201f898_QSI683BackFocus.PNG.b4f097

WO Flattener V1.PNG

1 hour ago, Tinker1947 said:

Got a few Varilocks various lengths but need a starting point :)

Dave

Just tried to edit this post as I put the wrong flattener pic' in but after editing I've got no save button ?

No Save.PNG

2 minutes ago, Tinker1947 said:

I think the save button is out of sight off the bottom of the screen, needs a bit of scrolling....

My Save button is over to the right under the "Reason for edit"  Box.

No got no option to save after deleting the image only cancel, so how do I delete and image ?

Dave

From the published data, (I used to have the FLT110 and flat IV and still use a couple of QSI cameras)...

The back focus distance from the shoulder of the Flat IV T2 thread is 54.99mm

The back focus of the QSI WS body (Filter wheel internal only) with the T2 mount plate is 35.56mm

Subtract the two gives you a T2 spacer requirement of 19.43mm plus you need to add 1/3 the thickness of the filters.

Here is the correct back focus document with dimensions in mm and inch for the 500/600 QSI cameras:

http://qsimaging.com/downloads/QSI-500-600-Series-Back-Focus.pdf

Here is a copy of the FLAT IV (WM68) diagram...

26 minutes ago, Oddsocks said:

From the published data, (I used to have the FLT110 and flat IV and still use a couple of QSI cameras)...

The back focus distance from the shoulder of the Flat IV T2 thread is 54.99mm

The back focus of the QSI WS body (Filter wheel internal only) with the T@ mount plate is 35.86mm

Subtract the two gives you a T2 spacer requirement of 19.13mm plus you need to add 1/3 the thickness of the filters.

Here is the correct back focus document with dimensions in mm and inch for the 500/600 QSI cameras:

http://qsimaging.com/downloads/QSI-500-600-Series-Back-Focus.pdf

Thanks very much for that :)

Dave

And thanks for the picture

Archived