SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Been away a while, can't get under stars

Rossco72

Greetings folks,

I have been away from astronomy for about 18 months now and haven't managed a single night under the stars in that time.

It's made me think that I need to trim my kit and manage my expectations. I still have an interest for sure but the Scottish weather coupled with my lack of time and access to a good site has been soooo frustrating.

I hope to keep an interest and will deffo keep some kit but I have too much gear that simply isn't getting used.

Hope everyone else is fairing better and having clear skies and lovely images.

Cheers

Stuart

Nope - not fairing well at all :(  There's a bog between house and "The Ark" (observatory - ha ha) and crossing it in the daytime is hazardous enough.  I may be able to do some imaging again one day but for the foreseeable future it will probably only be with my all sky camera, remote controlled.

I have just seen your impressive sale items, hope you get some astronomy input. So looking forward to Spring, more than usual for this time of year, really need to to see the back of this particular abysmal Winter.

Archived