SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Meade LX90 Audiostar Controller Connect Failures!

Aurora Australis

Hi everyone,

I'm having a load of trouble connecting to my Audiostar controller thru various software programs Stellarium, Autostar Suite, Nebulosity 4, PHD2 etc.

I'm running Windows 10 I have all the relevant cables etc, but the options given in those programs support Meade lx90 autostar, and Autostar 1 & 2

Which none of those will work, I don't mind paying for software if it has up to date connectivity. After all Windows 10 and Audiostar have been

around for nearly 2 years! 

Any suggestions please.

Mick

Windows 10 is in beta as far as I can tell. One of it's "new & improved" tricks is tossing your drivers and installing some new version. This can cause certain things to no longer work. I don't know what way you were connecting the LX90/Audiostar with, but if you were using a virtual serial-port, you likely were using a Prolific PL-2303 driver. I'd suggest scanning your system to see if it's still there - if you were using a VSP - and if not - your guess is as good as mine.

This sort of situation is exactly why I've taken steps to prevent MicroShaft from installing Windows 10 on my 8.1 system.

Keep us informed, please?

Dave

Hi Dave, 

I am using the Prolific PL-2303 driver  and also i have a clean full install of Windows 10 which i must admit is so much better than an update over 8.1.

I am very computer literate and been putting computers together for years a (bit of a nerd) so that's why i'm frustrated.

Regards

Mick

Archived