Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 2070 - 2016

jsmoraes

Thank you for comments.
Despite of my efforts I had not good results because many issues:
1) after cleaning my main mirror I didn't a good collimations. Despite of good star test it seems that I had problems with position of secondary mirror.
2) atmosphere was with much dew, causing difficulty to obtain a good focus.
3) Because of high temperature of sensor I did choice to long exposure time and low ISO. It was not a good choice. To enhance the nebula I needed to strech very much.

The image seems to be a little out focus or with much spherical distortion.
Any image inside LMC or SMC are very difficult. I think I can do better, although.

I worked on collimation and I will try again with more ISO.

I got good colors of stars, but I didn't with color of nebula. It is strongly blue or cyan. questionicon.gif Although  the image shows many amazing details of the nebula ! I must try again !

I think I did better with Canon 350D in 2013 - 16 x 2 min (32 min) ISO 400.

ngc2070-131210-1k.jpg

I confirm bad focus and bad collimation. I did new adjustments and better polar alignment to reduce the correction from gruiding, but I could not do a complete new capture.

Below we have  CR2 crop without any proccess than  200% magnification: left with 8 min and ISO 200, rgith with 15 min ISO 6400 (a bit similar if was with 8 min ISO 200). As you can see it is impossible work with high ISO and high temperature of sensor; around 40 degrees Celcius.

focusdiff-200x.jpg.2ef50326e0981a11ce5b4

I am having another problem: tilt of camera inside of the focuser and not correct distance of coma corrector.  If my star at top are round, the stars at bottom will have some comet appearance. If left stars are round, the stars at right side will be more comet. And vice-versa.

Undoubtly I can do a better image of the details of the  nebula, despite of the bad distance of coma corrector may cause some  spherical distortion. I will try with ISO 800 and 2 - 4 minutes. The sky glow will limit the time of exposition. 

Archived