Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
gorann

Duck Head Nebula

Finally a clear sky on Thursday, so I managed to catch the Bubble Nebula just before if came too close to the horizon. Explore Scientific 127ED 14 x 8 min Canon 60Da ISO 1600 on EQ8.

I hope it is not just me that think it looks like a rubber duck head shooting out of the nebula and heading straight towards earth.........

IMG1141-1154PS5+duck.jpg

Edited by gorann
  • Like 7

Not sure, I had not noticed it. Must be NGC 7635b

thats qwackers,great image gorann.thanks for sharing charl.

Edited by xtreemchaos

You been on the mushrooms Gorann or is it just hypothermia.  Well done on a nice bubble and er... the duck

42 minutes ago, MartinB said:

You been on the mushrooms Gorann or is it just hypothermia.  Well done on a nice bubble and er... the duck

No mushrooms Martin, it is a few months yet before they turn up, just akvavit since it is Saturday and the sky is grey.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akvavit

13 hours ago, mike head said:

Maybe the duck is floating on gravitational waves.

Gravitational waves... of course!.... That's why I keep oversleeping, time is changing but my body clock isn't!

Now to become my stock excuse for being late/early for anything... 'sorry, it was the waves...blame Einstein!'