SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Rosette Nebula - Cannistra Bicolour (Star71)

Uranium235

Well, last night stayed clear long enough to take this one up to 5 hours in Ha (so I could use it as a luminance layer). And while I was there I also bagged two hours worth of OIII, however by the time I packed up the sky had taken a bit of a nosedive, so the cleanliness of the OIII data is questionable - and it caused a few merry problems with blotches etc when trying to put it through the cannistra process.

Hopefully I might get the chance to repair the damage and put something together thats a bit cleaner, but for now this will have to do! :) - I'll have a look at reprocessing over the weekend to see if I can bodge it somehow.

Im having trouble deciding whether the outlying redness is actually Ha - or something that shouldnt be there (so I left it in).

20x900 Ha, 8x900 Ha_R, 8x900 OIII_G&B

Star71, Atik 383L+, NEQ6

Thanks for looking! :)

24939179296_0fe7a72efb_b.jpg

That's very colourful Rob, no two Rosette are the same it seems, I'm just a bit peeved that having waited for months to have a go at it it is now too far into S'London LP for my Star71 QSI683 combo, got an orange street light shining straight down the end of the scope :)

Dave

1 minute ago, swag72 said:

I think that the red really is there Rob - I found loads of it LOL!!! I personally find this a little bright, but the data looks great nonetheless :)

My thoughts exactly, Im going to tone it down a bit tonight. Serves me right for processing while tired! Thanks for confirming the outlying Ha, it just feels a little odd to me but I'll try not to kill too much of it off.

Archived