Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Holland Calling

iPeace

...or The Netherlands, if you insist.

Came across this forum multiple times whilst searching for info on how to get star-ted (see what I did there? - sorry, I promise to improve), what gear (not) to buy, etc. Decided to sign up and see where that would take me.

First off, a big "thank you" to all who (have) contribute(d), thereby providing me with valuable insight and info.

As for me, I'm finally getting into gazing after far too long. Have had two great nights in a row, and I can confidently say I'm hooked.

I wish you all the best!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, swag72 said:

Hi and welcome to SGL - most searches end up here!! this is a great place to be, full of helpful people - I'm sure you'll feel right at home :D

Look forward to seeing you around :)

Ola Gracias (hope that's not rude)

Hi, welcome to SGL, you are a lucky man to get two observing nights in a row, of recent times we would have welcomed just one night, instead of the incessant rain wind and cloud, although a spell of dry weather is now moving in, we live in hope, enjoy the forum :)

58 minutes ago, glowjet said:

Hi, welcome to SGL, you are a lucky man to get two observing nights in a row, of recent times we would have welcomed just one night, instead of the incessant rain wind and cloud, although a spell of dry weather is now moving in, we live in hope, enjoy the forum :)

Thank you - lucky indeed; I keep checking to see if I can make it three in a row but it doesn't look worthwhile :happy9:

43 minutes ago, michael.h.f.wilkinson said:

Welcome to SGL! Whereabouts in the Netherlands are you based?

Hello and thanks again to all - just got back inside from my 3rd consecutive night of good gazing - clouds drifted by so I got lucky again :icon_biggrin:

But man is it cold! :icon_santa:

I have two locations, one is where we set up the caravan 6 months a year, out near Barneveld, and the other is where we park the house, here in Schoonhoven, near Gouda.

On 11. februar 2016 at 23:21, iPeace said:

I have two locations, one is where we set up the caravan 6 months a year, out near Barneveld, and the other is where we park the house, here in Schoonhoven, near Gouda.

Schoonhoven, that's where I grew up. If you are there around christmas, we could have a little starparty, when I go visit my mother who still lives there. ;-)

Archived