SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Another M3

LostNSpace

Hi All

Wow, almost completely clear skies for the 1st time in over 2 weeks, was beginning to forget what a clear sky looked like.....Like i said, almost completely clear skies, not a night for taking long exposures and lots of subs, it was a matter of grabbing what you can when you can......This is my 1st attempt at M3 and my 5th glob overall......

12 x 25 second subs at ISO 800

6435_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Enjoy

Mark

Thanks guys for the comments........

Jon - Thats through the 10"

Steve.....I prefer to stick with short subs on globs, through my eyes longer subs dont seem to make much more of a difference when it comes to detail......I did actually take 1 sub of 6min15secs last night as a test and it seemed to pick up less detail than the 25sec subs, it looked burnt out as well and trailing was beginning to show......

1 x 375sec sub @ ISO 800

6440_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Focussing was a tad out as well.......

Mark

Mark,

Firstly - what a cracking image - well done. Secondly, it has been my experience that shorter subs work better on globs. I experimented earlier this year up at Kielder with M13, and certainly shorter subs (as you have discussed) won over longer subs. I think it's down to the available dynamic range you get after stacking, longer subs get a bit too saturated IMO, easier to increase levels and detail with the shorter subs. Should be a contender for pow.

Steve

Thanks Steve....I suppose at the end of the day is all to do with trial and error, finding out how far you can push the equipment you use.......

Not the only person who has probs with OCs Algol......m44 and m45 just to name 2.......I`ll stick with my globs for now

Archived