Cleaning the scope

Hi Pete,

For cleaning Optics Safely make up a mixture of 60% isopropanol  with 40% Distilled Water  ( Do Not use Tap Water as it contains contaminants ) . Wipe Gently with soft Clean Tissue , keep turning for a clean section. This works perfectly and will not scratch .      Remember to blow off any Dust particles before starting .     This is recommended by Celestron & Me , 

Best of Luck  ,  Jupiter1

NEVER WIPE WITHOUT BLOWING FIRST. 

Always use a rocket blower to get rid of any surface debris which could cause scratches. Dont use a can of compressed air as they use compressed propellants which can leave residue behind. Always use a lint free cloth or even a soft cotton t-shirt to wipe. Wipe in a circular motion instead of across.

Wonder fluid is fantastic............the smallest bottle lasts yrs.

I simply took the mirror out of its cradle, put it in the bath ot top of a towel, left it a half hor soaking in warm water and a few drops of washing up liquid and then used my fingers and the shoer head to clean it off. the mirror sparkles with no hint of a scratch.

I was afraid of this process until I did it this first time, now its no big deal.

Steve

Archived