Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Instruction guide to adjust gear mesh on AZ/EQ-G or AZ/EQ-6

Leveye

Useful.

As well as testing for play after you've tightened or loosened things up by hand, always plug the power back in and test how easily or not the motors can rotate the axis, listening to any change in tone of the motors. I had found that the axis can feel reasonably free by hand, but clearly not the case when using the motors and they sound like they are struggling part of the way around.

The process for dec is very similar.

A useful find. Thanks for sharing.

James

Having recently redone my EQ6 (I am assuming that it'll be a near identical procedure), it can be time consuming to get everything meshing together nicely but it is worth it. You really do need to do an entire 360° rotation on both axis to make sure that there is no issues at any part of the rotation. You can have it running perfectly fine on one side of the gear but binding on the other side, or even intermittently. If you hear anything not normal, make an adjustment and start another 360° rotation.

Archived