Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_celestial_motion.thumb.jpg.a9e9349c45f96ed7928eb32f1baf76ed.jpg

Marky1973

EQ3-2, Polar scope, RA Motor and a couple of extras

I've been hanging onto this mount for a while, but not really bothered using it since I got the NEQ6. thinking of getting a new scope for visual later this year, and will a) need the money and B) need something bigger than the EQ3-2...so here it is up for sale again.

I got it a year and a bit ago from FLO in clearance. It is missing the polar scope cover and doesn't come with any form of dovetail. One of the leg clamps has cracked, but I have secured it with a heavy duty rubber band and it still works fine - I have not had any trouble with it. the legs are filled with sand to aid stability.

All the counterweights, accessory tray and slow-motion controls are included.

IMG_20160207_130536.thumb.jpg.7ea1924dcaIMG_20160207_130631.thumb.jpg.3330ee2ab4IMG_20160207_130722.thumb.jpg.7e57d89079

The mount currently has a polar scope fitted and I also have the RA motor installed for long exposure AP - I have managed to push it to over 2 minutes, but that is at the limit. But it is a good mount for getting started with or for widefield photography with a DSLR. It won't get you taking the glorious pictures you see some of the members here coming up with, but it is a cheap way to have a go and see if it is for you or for grab-and-go widefield.

It all cost me about £220 so, bearing this in mind, and the damage. Would accept £130 for the whole lot. Collection preferable, but happy to look into postage, although I suspect that will be over £10 easily. Delivery/meeting half-way could be "doable" as well depending on location.

Prefer to sell as one lot, but would consider splitting....

tripod and Mount £70

RA Motor £40

Polar Scope £ 25

(again plus postage)

While looking for this under the bed I also found a couple of Skywatcher eyepieces (the ones that come free with your scope) - 10mm and 25mm. These seem to be around £6-8 on Astro boot, so would be asking £13 for both including posting, or £6 inc. postage for one.

IMG_20160205_190042.thumb.jpg.cd7edc37cf

And, finally, I found this Hanhnel BH-40 Ball-Head I used when building a barn-door tracker a while back - don't use it now, so no use to me. It is in great condition and has a screw in adapter on the base to fit thick and thin threads. Think these are about £25 now, so £17 including postage

IMG_20160205_185716.thumb.jpg.511d91c2c6

Thanks for looking

Mark

Still available.

PRICE REDUCTION ON THE EQ3-2

£115 for the Tripod, Mount, Polar Scope and Motor.

On ‎15‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 15:01, Marky1973 said:

Still available.

PRICE REDUCTION ON THE EQ3-2

£115 for the Tripod, Mount, Polar Scope and Motor.

Hi Mark

Is this still available? and suitable for use with Mak 127,

Would have to be postal, any idea on cost to PR7

Regards
James

Hi James

Yep, still available. 

I would think it fine with a MAK127 - I have seen the MAK sold with an EQ3-2, so should be okay for visual. Dunno about photography, but I see you have an HEQ5, so probably not an issue for you! :-)

I've just done a quick check on postage/weight and it looks like it will be around £17-20 for postage including insurance. That price was with Yodel (I willl need to confirm dimensions etc for final quote) and you may not be happy with Yodel! :-)

So I think you would be looking at around £130-140 in total including postage.

I'll get a final quote if you are interested and still happy for you to make a final decision once we have a final price - no obligation quotaton! :-)

Cheers

Mark

2 hours ago, Marky1973 said:

I'll get a final quote if you are interested and still happy for you to make a final decision once we have a final price - no obligation quotaton! :-)

Hi Mark

Yes please get a final quote,

James

Hi James.

I'm on Saturday night TV duty with the kids now, but will get onto this tomorrow.

Cheers

Mark

Hi Mark

I've PM'd you back, re payment :happy11:

James

Mount/Tripod etc sold, thanks James.

Eyepieces and Ballhead still available - open to offers!