Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Moon formation

Starlight 1

I can agree with the scientist on the creation of the Moon as an impact any sizeable a Amount coming back together to create the moon.

As we see impact craters on the moon being several hundred miles wide what's just say that the earth and the moon were two planets circling each other with the earth containing more Iron,

So impact craters on the moon the lumps which come off were pull to earth would be the reasons why the earth and the moon had similar samples,

And why is it if they said impact craters from asteroids bought water to the earth .So why is there no liquid water  on the moon.

8 minutes ago, Starlight 1 said:

I can agree with the scientist on the creation of the Moon as an impact any sizeable a Amount coming back together to create the moon.

As we see impact craters on the moon being several hundred miles wide what's just say that the earth and the moon were two planets circling each other with the earth containing more Iron,

So impact craters on the moon the lumps which come off were pull to earth would be the reasons why the earth and the moon had similar samples,

And why is it if they said impact craters from asteroids bought water to the earth what is in your water in liquid form on the moon.

The accepted theory is that comets not asteroids brought water to the earth and probably the basic hydrocarbon building blocks of life.

The Moon would lack gravity to help hold an atmosphere.

The magnetic field around the Earth not only protects us from solar emmissions it (I read somewhere) also helps prevent the leakage of gas back into space by the prevention of the upper atmosphere being ionised and those ionised gases leaking away.

At the weekend I was at a lecture at the Norwich Astronomical Society on how planets form and die.

One of the contributing factors to generating atrmospheres is thought to be plate tectonics. The shifting of Earths plates releases gases as well as other volatiles which contribute to habitability. The Moon does not have tectonic plate movement.

Archived