Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

Mr Fiery Jack

Skywatcher 130P

Just out of interest I was wondering why SW's 130P was not a more popular choice for those on a AP budget? They look like a very competent little reflector to me.

• Like 1

I got the impression that it was a good "starter" scope for photography (130P DS), so mine is on the way now :)

Read it here on the forum, so would love some feedback from other users of the scope.

The skywatcher 130p-ds is a fantastic imaging scope. the 130p cant be used for prime focus with dslr.

• Like 1

On 7 February 2016 at 18:20, scotttumsh said:

The skywatcher 130p-ds is a fantastic imaging scope. the 130p cant be used for prime focus with dslr.

Yes sorry to was the DS I mean't 

• Like 1

Just need the skies to clear so i can use mine! i have used it a couple of times since i got it and cant wait to get some good images with it.

The above quoted thread is probably the definitive place for 130pds imaging. So if you take a pic, be sure to pop it in that thread too.

I got a few "alright" pics out of mine ;)