Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Astrofest thoughts?

Sneezy24

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Daz,

This was the first Astrofest I attended... 2 days of interesting talks as a first-timer, even though it was difficult to hear the first talk on Friday morning at the back of the hall.

The exhibition..... smaller than the vast majority of local model railway shows, even though it is an European Event according to the adverts. It must be difficult to get a 16" dob into an overhead locker on an aircraft!!!!

I had interesting and pleasant discussions with a number of the exhibitors, Starlight Xpress, Ian King Imaging, Hitech and Cambridge Press. I have known David and Adam Hinds from Celestron for many years as I used to visit them in Tring on Saturdays on my way birdwatching. One exhibitor selling a mount I could not afford was happy to explain it to me great detail, shame some of the others did not attend  the customer care course he must have been on. Another, who had he had the manners to talk to me and not turn his back on me, lost a possible sale. In business I believe first impressions are 90% of the way to making a sale. If a salesman doesn't care about you before the sale, they sure as hell won't after.....

On meeting friends, well I met up with members of WAS (Wycombe Astromical Society).

Catering facilities... we went to Nero's for coffee and McDonalds for lunch. Nando's for evening meal and stayed at the Copthorne Tara just down the road.

Apart from not meeting up with you, it was an interesting two days and had many good laughs and jokes.

Would I go again..... yes.

Hope to meet up with you some time.

Cheers

Adrian

Archived