First horse attempt.

MilwaukeeLion

My first shot at the horse.

Ioptron skytracker, tri-pod, ED80TCF, field flattener, Nikon DSLR, iso 6400, 30 x 30 sec L, 10 D, 10 B, 10 F.  Stacked in DSS, stretched in Nebulocity, tweaked in Lightroom/PS.  Turbulent seeing, twinkling stars, horse was riding on band of LP so I cheated / just lowered black point for area below horse. Second image just to see how many stars I could pull, blended a duplicate in PS but left the core aside from lab color bump. Not sure where stars end and noise begins on it, fun messing with anyway.  Too much ice to bring mount out, look forward to giving horse proper session in future.  Any suggestions welcome.

ML

h1 - Copy.jpg

h2 - Copy.jpg

Great image. There seems to be a stacking residue left on the left side of the image. It's really visible in the overstretched version. Noise seems to be predominantly small scale.

Thanks for sharing.

Archived