Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

imaging without a filter wheel

Daniel-K

It's perfectly possible but quite a considerable pain in the posterior if you want to get something done in one night. If I was limited to manual filter changes (and I have been at one time), I would stick an Ha filter in and just shoot mono. If that's not an option, go for RGB and shoot flats at the end of each colour.

Agree with Rik.

You need to put the filter somewhere. If using a nosepiece on the camera it can go in the front of that and then slip into an eyepiece holder. Ha is nice on its own and very satisfying. You could then combine it with other filter data once you're rolling.

I'd have thought that twenty quid ought to find a second hand manual wheel, though. Mine cost about twice that when I bought it new ten years ago.

Olly

Just now, ollypenrice said:

Agree with Rik.

You need to put the filter somewhere. If using a nosepiece on the camera it can go in the front of that and then slip into an eyepiece holder. Ha is nice on its own and very satisfying. You could then combine it with other filter data once you're rolling.

I'd have thought that twenty quid ought to find a second hand manual wheel, though. Mine cost about twice that when I bought it new ten years ago.

Olly

£20 if I could grab one for that then that would be sweet. The filter wheel is the last piece I need. I'll put an add out.

7 minutes ago, Daniel-K said:

£20 if I could grab one for that then that would be sweet. The filter wheel is the last piece I need. I'll put an add out.

Bahahahahahahahaha.........ahahahahahaha.....aahhhh. dream on mate :D

Serriously though Danny, I'm still using a manuel wheel. sure a usb one would make things easier but it all comes down to money. I think I paid around £70 for a 5 position 1.25 new.
When I finally do go auto, it'll be 7 position lrgb,Ha,Oiii,Sii

4 minutes ago, Scott said:

Bahahahahahahahaha.........ahahahahahaha.....aahhhh. dream on mate :D

Serriously though Danny, I'm still using a manuel wheel. sure a usb one would make things easier but it all comes down to money. I think I paid around £70 for a 5 position 1.25 new.
When I finally do go auto, it'll be 7 position lrgb,Ha,Oiii,Sii

to get up and running :hello2: 

Archived