SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello from Edinburgh

adt175

Hi Everyone, nice to meet you!

Andy from Edinburgh here. Just found out about the Star Gazers Lounge (great name) from a nice chap called Russ from Hants (thanks for the swap Russ). Married, with 2 boys under 4 :lol:!

I've been interested in Astronomy for a good few years now but only got my first scope around four years ago. Started with a 4" Helios refractor, moved to an ETX125, had a DX250, and now have an ancient orange tube C8 and a Borg 77 refractor. The C8's probably 20 years old but it's a real keeper. The Borg is pretty good and acts as my travel scope. Recently decided to concentrate on planetary imaging so a new scope may be on the cards later this year (Skywatcher Pro have a 7" Mak coming out later this year... or maybe an STF.... or, or, any suggestions?).

I've attached a couple of images taken with a Toucam. I'm also going to start LRGB with my Atik so another learning curve beckons. Great.

Anyway that's a bit about me. Hope to speak to you soon. If there's anyone from Edinburgh / the Lothians, get in touch for a chat!

Cheers for now

Andy

PS This is another astro site for me to visit. I'm going to get sacked!!

post-12866-133877318359_thumb.jpg

Hi Andy

just found this forum here also very impressed with the pics you posted using your toucam I have just got one also the early type 740k if I can take anywhere even close to the quality you have achieved I will be a very happy chap

all the best from Martyn in LEEDS

Archived