Astronomy clubs.

I attended my first astronomy club meeting last night.  I found it a great experience.  Firstly a talk on the Gaia space mapper satellite.  And then a talk about the February skies.   Met some nice people and learned a great deal about telescopes and astrophotography.  Sadly all way beyond me at this point.  But all safely stored away in the grey matter.  The whole irony if the evening? The first clear night for weeks and where was I?  Inside.   

Glad you enjoyed the club meeting - much to learn and enjoy with personal contact.   I've been a member of mine for nearly 50yrs and rarely miss - we have an obsy and monthly meetings at a dark site on the dark-of-the-moon.  Also a BAA member and various posts with both.  Get the impression not many folk here are club members [or never talk about it!] but could be wrong;-)

Nytecam 

I've been in this hobby for 35+ years but I only joined my local astro society last year :rolleyes2:

I wish I'd done it ages ago - it's really nice to be able to meet others "face to face" interested in astronomy, share thoughts and learn stuff and share the Universe with others at their outreach events :icon_biggrin:

Archived