Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_2019_sp_banner.thumb.jpg.a0ff260c05b90dead5c594e9b4ee9fd0.jpg

xtreemchaos

ED80 with sw cc test

ive been wondering what would happen if i used my sw coma corrector with my sw ed80, well ive tryed it in daytime and looking at a tree about 2ml away i can see its increased my FOV buy about 15-20% so its acting like a reducer, i think its improved contrast and detail a bit when zoomed in,next test nighttime DS when i get some clear sky. has anybody else done this? even if its a waste of time its been interesting to find out what happens.  clear skys  charl. 

Edited by xtreemchaos

alllooo

I use the same one & I know the SW CC does shorten the focal length a bit by 0.9 not sure wot that equates to in % never used it for visual work.

Hi

A coma corrector (for a newt) isn't the same as a field flattener (for a frac) and aren't interchangeable.

Louise

yer John the things we do when where bord, ive just change the %s cos looking at it again i think 30% was too much id say its more like 15% its my eyes being greedy.charl.

thanks louise, yer i though it wouldnt act like a FF, its just a case of seeing what it would do. ive far too much time on my hands. clear skys charl.

haha I know wotcha mean I spent hours trying to find things to give me a lil more view with the Lunt35 so when imaging I can get a whole disc instead of having to do mosaics prolly help if I had a cam with a slightly larger chip but that's money I don't wanna spend, haha eyes deceiving you eh