Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep33_banner.thumb.jpg.75d09b4b1b4e5bdb1393e57ce45e6a32.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Langworthy

Carrying/storage of Newtonian telescope

I have a Skywatcher Explorer 200p. Any suggestions where I can get a carry-case/bag for this at a less than crippling price? Many thanks.

I believe some people use the hold-all used for carrying cricket kit around with some extra foam in.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, triton1 said:

I believe some people use the hold-all used for carrying cricket kit around with some extra foam in.

I use this method for my 150P, unsure if you can get one large enough for the 200P.

BTW mine cost about £25.

I found extra large hold alls on the bay item no 321703286856 for £29 that's for one 48 inches long(1200) mm so should fit I think I will get one myself.

Yes ebay is worth a look for varied storage carry bags types,

Perhaps also check if the dimensions are suitable,  Chaseley Awning Pole Bag, £26.

Try Thomann ,  www.thomann.com.  and enter "Keyboard  Bags" in the search box. They have their own brand which are called Keyboard Bag  1 to 6 in order of size. Keyboard Bag 5 is 1250mm x 510mm x170mm. They are made from padded nylon with accessory pockets and that one is €33.00 about £28.00 plus shipping.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone - that's given me plenty to chew on and I'm currently browsing the web for the sorts of bag you mention. 

I got a purpose made case for mine from 365 astronomy. It's padded and a great fit including a section that encloses the focusser. They were £99 when I got mine and they included a few free back issues of an astronomy mag. (Can't remember which one!)