Hello, 

So I was browsing eBay the other day and won a bid on a skywatcher 100ed pro for £350 with the intent of using it for astrophotography (DSLR), I was wondering does anyone know how much this weighs and a recommended mount for this telescope, In the future I might be looking at also having a 200pds (can't seem to find the weight of this one anywhere either)  on the same mount with the refractor.

Oops, something went wrong there! Tried to add in that mine weighs roughly the same (no doubt scales vary!).

Also wanted to add that mine sits beautifully on both the Celestron AVX mount and the SkyWatcher HEQ5.

2 hours ago, MARS1960 said:

Agree with orley, an HEQ5 would be the minimum i would want to go, they aren't cheap so i bought the equivalent celestron CG5 advanced GT used from ebay for less than hallf the price of an HEQ5 goto.

Yes, had mine on a CG-5 before the AVX, handled it easily.

54 minutes ago, StevieDvd said:

If both scopes are to be mounted at the same time perhaps an EQ6 would be better.

Absolutely!

Archived