SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

QHY8 Pro saturated exposure issue

sloz1664

I now have an issue with my QHY 8Pro. Whatever exposure duration I set it always exposures to full well - 65335.
I can set it to 0.0001 sec and it still reads 65335. I even tried bias frames with the sensor covered still reads 65335.
The Gain is set to 9 & the Offset 121.

I have tried this on two pc's Win7 32 & 64 bit. Old drivers from 2014 & the latest drivers from the QHYCCD website.

I have changed the usb leads, the din lead from the DC 201 Tec unit and various power units. All tested on EZCap, MaximDL & SGPro software.

I have also posted this on the QHY forums.

Any ideas anyone?

Kind regards

Steve

• 4 months later...

I have the same problem with my qhy6 and qhy10 cameras on win 7 and win 10 64 bit. I sometimes get an image but it soon reverts to full well. 

the cameras still work fine on my 32 bit laptop so I am 100% sure that it is the 64 bit drivers supplied by qhyccd.

I have placed two tickets with their help desk which are both still open but after initial contact I have not heard from them. I suspect they know of the problem but either won't acknowledge it or cannot find the problem.

Hopefully someone might come up with a solution. if I hear anything worthy of note from qhyccd helpdesk, not holding my breath, I'll post it here.

regards

Dave

Hi. I have a problem with my QHY cameras. If I delete a file from a folder and save a new one in the same folder with the same name of the old file, the new image file gets overexposed. I don't know why that happens.

20 minutes ago, sloz1664 said:

Seems strange. Have you posted this issue on the QHYCCD forum.

Steve

Yes, it is strange, but I haven't posted this issue on the QHYCCD forum because I found out how to solve the problem. :)

Archived