SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

6SE with Hyperstar

HiloDon

Hi All,

Here are some first light results using my new Celestron 6SE and Hyperstar.  Focal length is 290mm at F1.9.  I used the Ultrastar C cam.  I was at the Mauna Kea VIS last night and the skies were perfect.  The visitors and staff loved the images even though they have some tracking issues. One lady even wanted me to email them to her on the spot.

I think the Ultrastar and Hyperstar are a great EAA combo.

Don

image.thumb.jpg.612b8e3455b958478cd5ab23

image.thumb.jpg.e22c7cd68609ab50f4e5c389

image.thumb.jpg.fed24e91fe33ada528293c83

image.thumb.jpg.6b84b738c7e281c71de583e6

image.jpg

Hiten,

I used a Baader Contrast Booster and IR cut filters.  I did some experimenting at my home observatory the night before and they appeared to keep the star dominance down.  I should probably try some shots without them for comparison. 

Don

Spectacular captures Don, I'm not surprised they caused a wow at the visitor centre. Having seen your C11 captures it's interesting to see what a 6" SCT is capable of with the same config, Gives me an idea if what I could expect with my C8.

Thanks, Greg.

Dean at Starizona told me that new C6 Hyperstar units were coming in late in January and that they would have a 16mm corrected image circle instead of the present 11mm.  I found this on AM and the owner said it had never been used.  11mm is enough for the Ultrastar.  It's amazing how small and easy to handle this setup is.  Probably the only improvement is to get the Evolution 6, but it was $500 more than the SE.

Don

Amazing shots! Hyperstar certainly delivers for EAA.

The ultrastar-c uses a RGGB Bayer sensor, far easier to reconstruct the colour over the CYGM of the lodestar-c. Although credit also goes to Don in his use of the tool to bring out the best from those lovely Hawaiian skies!

Archived