Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Grant

SGLXI Pitch Allocations & Details - Please Read

Hi all,

Apologies for the delay in getting this updated - please disregard all previous versions of this as quite a few things have been changed.

On the pitch plan is your username and also, if you scroll down there is a second plan with the number of nights and type of pitch you have booked - please check these details and let me know if the number of nights or pitch type is wrong for you and I can investigate.

Lucksall have been working on the pitches during the off-season and have changed Kingfisher to be all hardstanding, suitable for caravans except pitch 17 which is suitable for tents. Oaks is also now hardstanding but a softer, rounder type suitable for both caravans and tents. I'm assured this is very easy to put pegs into and won't damage tents. If you are staying in a tent longer than 4 nights, you now need to be on the newer, tent friendly hard standing pitches.

This has meant quite a bit of moving around - I have done my best to keep people as close as possible to their requested pitches. If anybody has any concerns about their allocated pitch or wants to move then please contact Lucksall directly (http://www.lucksallpark.co.uk/contact-us/) they have your booking details and will have the most up to date information.

There are still a few pitches left - plenty of non-electric and a few grass electric pitches as well as a few hard standings - the best thing to do is to drop me a PM if you still want to come and haven't booked and I can advise on availability first.

Cheers,

Grant

56b861aaa4203_ScreenShot2016-02-08at09.3

56b861a90ec2d_ScreenShot2016-02-08at09.3

• Like 5

OK couple of changes already :)

Moonshane is now in Pitch 21

DRT is now in Pitch 34

I will update the plan a little later in case there are other changes...

Slight changes for Velvet, Stephen, ibbo, animal666 and Daz type-r - had to shift people a space. Pitch plan updated.

Hello Grant

My booking looks spot on thank you. Your work is very much appreciated. I am sure all the folk out there  going to SGL11 are getting a bit excited by now!

Best regards,

Hadyn - IOM

Happy with mine, cheers for all the hard work Grant.

One question as i have them at my back, is the non-astronomy party being made aware by lucksall that we are all there?

19 minutes ago, Mav359 said:

Happy with mine, cheers for all the hard work Grant.

One question as i have them at my back, is the non-astronomy party being made aware by lucksall that we are all there?

Yes we will make sure they are informed and also pop round and invite them to come and look through peoples scopes etc... and explain about light pollution.

We've already reserved the site for next year to ensure this does not happen again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grant said:

Yes we will make sure they are informed and also pop round and invite them to come and look through peoples scopes etc... and explain about light pollution.

We've already reserved the site for next year to ensure this does not happen again.

Im more then happy to show them.......

I was more concearned about hearing us lot creeping around at night and some old boy thing the zombie apocolypse had started outside his van :-)

I'm happy with where I am, I promise not to snore too loudly, take more firewater :D ...  & hopefully the hardstanding won't be as hard as that on Kingfisher...

Thanks, Grant - getting excited about this already.... Friends, hog roast, booze oh yes, dark skies, what's not to get excited about!

• Like 3

Thanks Grant.

I'm happy with my pitch. Being on one of the softer hardstandings it'll be nice not having to do the usual mid-week tent move for a change :icon_biggrin:

Edited by Mr Flibble

Hi Grant, my pitch has been changed from 51a (previous version) to 119.  Don't really mind (never been to the site before, so do not know which one is better?), as long as 119 has got an EHU and is okay for a tent; fine by me :)

Hi Dave,

119 does have electric - you were moved because you are staying more than four nights :)

• Like 1

@Grant is that last pitch in buzard taken?  id like to be on there if its not too much trouble but no bother if its taken.

Dan

Thanks for your help earlier Grant, not long to go now can't wait.

25 minutes ago, Grant said:

Hi Dave,

119 does have electric - you were moved because you are staying more than four nights :)

Yes, might have look a bit Billy-No-Mates if I had been set up down there on my own for the first three night :sad2:

Any reason why we've been moved away from the 106-109 area?

These are closer to the shower block!

just wanted to add my thanks for all the work undertaken on our behalf its appreciated

• Like 1

booked my 3rd night with flo earler today, thought i had. booked the 13th , is that ok grant. already booked and payed for friday/saturday and pig roast

Many thanks Grant, very happy to be back in Buzzard again this year.