Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Just looking

Hadron

I know I'm new here but having been out the last couple of nights with my new scope (Skywatcher 200p on an eq5) I still find it absolutely awe inspiring to just look up and take in the heavens with a naked eye. When you think about what you're seeing it just blows my mind, I already have a reputation for standing in the dark looking in to space and in that respect my new found enthusiasm for stargazing might not do me any favours :help: but hell am I going to enjoy myself! I'm already planning a diy observatory (my wife thinks it's going to be a shed to store the little ones toys in, how naive :angel9: )

On 29/01/2016 at 01:06, Hadron said:

I know I'm new here but having been out the last couple of nights with my new scope (Skywatcher 200p on an eq5) I still find it absolutely awe inspiring to just look up and take in the heavens with a naked eye. When you think about what you're seeing it just blows my mind, I already have a reputation for standing in the dark looking in to space and in that respect my new found enthusiasm for stargazing might not do me any favours :help: but hell am I going to enjoy myself! I'm already planning a diy observatory (my wife thinks it's going to be a shed to store the little ones toys in, how naive :angel9: )

Sounds more like big boy's toys.

Pleased you're enjoying yourself.

On 1/29/2016 at 01:06, Hadron said:

You've got the bug. Yep i'm always amazed when its a clear night. No-one really quite lets it sink in what they are looking at- people are too caught up in their own lives on Earth. 

The big shame is the light pollution. I wish I lived in rural areas.

Archived