Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Tele-Optic Ercole-Mini

DRT

I sold my SkyTee-2 this week after realising that I reach for the Ercole 99% of the time. I decided to look for a lighter mount for my smaller scopes and noticed that Tele-Optic now do an "Ercole-Mini"...

56aab14555c2f_ScreenShot2016-01-29at00.2

56aab227099e9_ScreenShot2016-01-29at00.2

One of these is now on its way to me from Teleskop-Express and I would be interested to know if anyone has had any good or bad experiences of it?

The Ercole Mini arrived today - yet another engineering marvel and thing of beauty from Tele-Optic :smile:

Here it is standing next to its big brother and an Astro-standard-measure...

IMG_4092.thumb.jpg.49f4301e70301c41e288b

The clamps are still on order so I have not yet tried it but it has a quality feel about it and I'm sure it will easily handle the specified payload.

Will report back soon...

Damn !!

Really shows how big n hefty the original Ercole actually is.

I've just had a look on their website and whilst called an Ercole 'Mini', it's anything but! A rather impressive payload capacity.

If I were to invest in a good sized alt/az mount, It would be one of these, I reckon. Looking forward to your impression of your new mini beast.

Clear skies !

Andy.

Archived