Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

15 hours ago, popeye85 said:

good idea but how effective are they for seeing? I always assumed that most bike rear lights are just designed to be seen rather than being built with an power to use as a torch.

Depends what you want to see. I have 6 different types (I cycle a lot) ranging from discrete to retina melting performance. Take your pick; the multi LED versions have various settings. Cateye are by far the best performers for the money.

Edited by Owmuchonomy

On 29 January 2016 at 19:13, Norfolk star gazer said:

£2 torch from a leading supermarket and used the red cellophane from a £1 pack of mini babybel. Total cost £3 and I got to eat some cheese ?

Ditto, but with red and brown insulation tape until I got the dimness I needed - £2 well spent! ? Mmmmm cheese!!! Shoulda gone with that idea!!

Edited by Dazzyt66