Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Hi guys, it's my first post here, so Hello!
My synscan goto upgrade started to act like in this video of mine SynScan GOTO Skipping after being disassembled for few weeks in the closet. There were no such problems before.
When it slews at rates above x3 everything is fine and smooth but as soon as it starts tracking at x3, it skips steps or something like that.
My setup is eq3-2 on alu and SW 150/750 with Canon 700D attached.
Thanks in advance for any clues or ideas!
Took my Celestron AVX Mount out this afternoon to familiarize my self with it in the daylight. Wasn’t sure if or how it would work, since it’s my first goto Mount. I got it setup per the directions and attached the SkySync GPS. It locked on my location very quickly so I did the Quick Align option just as a test. The polar scope was oriented north, and I used Sky Safari to locate stars I couldn’t see cause it was daytime. My first choice was Sirius and it slewed right around to what should be the general vicinity! I then chose Venus in the West and off it went! I hit home and it went back to the original setup position. I can’t wait to take it out tomorrow night and really put it through it’s paces! This is totally most excellent!
Ok, so this is a really annoying bug / problem that I have with my setup:
From time to time, in non regular intervals the image my guiding cam (ZWO ASI120) send seems to get flipped / mirrored or looks like it's from a completely different patch of sky.
When I'm paying attention to the guide images I can clearly see that the image seems to be flipped in some way.
It only happens for 1 frame PHD send a warning ( No star found / Star lost Mass changed) and after that everything is fine again. My gear is all connected to a single USB3 Hub which then runs via powered USB3 cable to my Pc.
I'm not binning and have the noise reduction off (though PHD might got hickups while processing) but it still happens. Sometimes there are minutes between two events sometimes it happens 5 times in a row.
It also seems like it's only happening during guiding, I haven't seen it happen during calibration yet...
I'm completely clueless what's happening or how to get rid of it, any help / idea is greatly appreciated.
Having had difficulty in aligning and never actually managing to get my AVX to track to the standard I know it can, is the Celestron StarSense gadget the answer?
I know I can align my scope accurately if I put the effort in and having moved last year I’ve been unable to have my mount fixed on a pier so I’m seriously considering this piece of kit as an easier way to align and to motivate me to get out more often.
Please share your thoughts.....
Recently I opened my AZ-EQ5 mount for adjusting and greasing.
I did not find any complete tutorial for this nor worm or bearings dimensions. I plan to replace some of those if I have the chance.
Meanwhile, I will add some pics of the disassembly process.
Open the plastic top case. Please excuse the USB hub attached, I did not remove that.
Pull out the cable connectors. Put the top case with the controller board aside.
The bolt inside the green circle can help you remembering or adjusting the belt tension. Loosen down the RA motor screws. Remove the belt. Unscrew the bolts. Remove the motor.
The bolts inside the green circles can help you remember and adjust the worm distance to the RA main gear. Remove the bolts holding the worm case.
Parts: RA main gear, worm case.
Remove the screws holding the encoder board. You get access to the nut holding the worm in place. Remove this too.
Remove the bolts inside the driving gear attached to the worm. Sorry, not the best pic.
You can now proceed to push out the worm and the bearings. No pics for this, sorry.
The bearings are 688Z, 16mm outer diameter, 8mm inner diameter, 5mm width.
Worm dimensions measured with the caliper: 69mm, 36mm.
Hope someone finds this useful.
I'd be interested if the worm is identical to the ones used in the HEQ5.