sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_31.thumb.jpg.b7a41d6a0fa4e315f57ea3e240acf140.jpg

Orbit Wedge Probably The Worlds Best Engineered Wedge Mount

I have recently changed my setup to allow more flexibility in my imaging setup, I have deforked my Nexstar 8 GPS and mounted it with my other scopes on an EQ8. As such my Orbit Wedge is now just gathering dust. So it is time to let it go.

Orbit Wedge

The Orbit Wedge is suitable for both the Celestron fork mounted SCT scopes such as the Nexstar & CPC scopes upto the 11 inch units and the Meade fork mounted scopes such as the LX90 and LX200 scopes.

A couple of videos for the original Orbit Wedge can be found on YouTube 

http://youtu.be/UEvu57kUDGQ  

I have the complete setup including polar arm and astrotrac polarscope the original package cost me almost £800 

post-642-136086026836_thumb.jpgpost-13288-133877625523_thumb.jpgpost-13288-133877480871_thumb.jpgimage.thumb.jpeg.2118c8800329cb09754089b

I am looking for around £350 to £400 and would prefer a collection as it is really heavy and shipping within the UK would be well over £50. I am in the Manchester area so if you are interested drop me a PM.

thanks

Darren

Edited by dazza1639
  • 1 month later...

My hatred of the standard Meade wedge does not extend to this one. Anyone wanting to EQ align their fork SCT should grab this. They are sooo much better than the standard issue.

Olly

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lenscap
      If anyone is looking for a used Skyliner 200p dobsonian there is one for sale in Bridgnorth, on Facebook Marketplace.
      No connection with seller.
    • By stardude07
      Hello,
      I am wanting (not really 😪) to sell my Stellarvue SV105-3SV with tube rings [not shown in pictures]. The telescope is in great condition with very little dust and no scratches. There is one very small ding in the dew shield paint but it is not dented and it is almost not even noticeable. It happened when I took the telescope out of the saddle and it lightly hit the saddle. The telescope has never been dropped or had any issues and is optically perfect with a strehl of .95 or higher (claimed by Stellarvue).
      I've only used this telescope for imaging however I've once or twice thrown an eyepiece in it during a star party or two and it's VERY crisp with no false color.
      Currently I live in Italy so that's where it can be picked up or shipped from. Price is negotiable however Stellarvue says it is worth around $1200-$1500 USD. The nice thing is you wouldn't have any VAT from Stellarvue . Please let me know if you have any questions, comments or are interested.
      Lastly, here is a link to some images that I've taken with it and what it looks like mounted up: https://www.astrobin.com/users/chriscorkill/
      SV105-3SV Specifications
      Aperture: 105mm Apochromatic Precision Triplet Focuser: 3" Dual Speed Focuser with 2" and 1.25" eye piece adapters F Ratio: f/7 Focal Length: 735mm Color Correction: Excellent Minimum Tube Length: 16" in travel mode Tube Diameter: ~ 4-1/8" (105mm) Dew Shield Diameter: ~ 5-3/8" (137mm) OTA Weight: ~12lbs (5.4kg) Retractable Dewshield: Yes

• By MarsG76
      Hi All,
      If anyone is looking for a great telescope, I'm selling my NexStar 8SE. It's in great condition, Optics are immaculate and there is only some signs of use on the dovetail bar and the black rim that has faded a bit on one side. The reason that I'm selling is that I'm looking to upgrade.
      I had some amazing views of planets and DSO through this scope.... it really is a performer in quite a compact package.
      This scope was on a CGEM most of it life so the NexStar Alt-Az mount was hardly used.
      I prefer to have this scope local pickup or I'm happy to deliver and even give a tutorial and demonstration of how to use it.. for that reason I'm targeting a buyer around Sydney Australia.
      The price I'm asking is $1650AUD.

Clear Skies.

• By astronomer2002
      Having moved to the F8 SCT version I have decided to sell my 14 inch Meade ACF F10 OTA. Can't really justify keeping it any longer as a 'spare'.
      This is just the OTA with a Losmandy plate attached, no finder or eyepieces. I used it with a Moonlite focuser, which I have repurposed,  so there is just the visual back, please see the photo's.
      The optics are in superb condition and the tube just has a few marks on the paintwork.  The first owner stuck a couple of velcro pads on the OTA for sticking accessories such as the dew heater on.
      The scope has always been kept in a heated observatory
      It is a very heavy telescope, circa 28Kg, so you will need something like an Eq8 to mount it.
      This really is a pick-up only, though I do have part of the original box to make transportation easier. Scope is in Maidenhead in the Thames Valley. Could arrange a part-way meet and as we often go to Devon it would be especially convenient for anyone near the M4-M5 route from the Thames Valley down to Devon.

Asking £2300

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.