Testin' testin'

Fan dobie dozy

Absolute beginner saying hello,

Having been staring in wonderment at the sky for the last 50 years, I thought it was time for a closer look. So, unless I change my mind again before the weekend! I hope to be spending Saturday afternoon putting together a skywatcher 8" dob. Lots to learn, and looking forward to it!

best wishes,

Peter

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Peter and welcome to SGL, very nice scope the 200P Dob, I should say without doubt, the majority of Astronomers who have acquired this scope have not been disappointed. Many are now using the instrument, mounted on an equatorial guided mount for added observational enjoyment, without the "nudge" to full blown Astrophotography. Enjoy the forum :)

Hi All,

Many thanks for the warm welcome - this feels like it might be a good place to spend some time - and I look forward to testing your patience with some basic (hopefully not too stupid!) questions.

Blimey Deano! Straight in with a 12" Dob. I don't have mine yet and already I have the "aperture envy" I was warned about!

Roll on Saturday!

Thanks again,

Peter

Archived