Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a wide angle lens for my Canon 70d for photographing the night sky.  I currently only have an 18-135mm lens.  Having looked around, I'm finding it difficult to make the decision on my own!  Does anyone have any recommendations?  Max budget is around £300.

Thanks!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By rockmattstar
      I have a nexstar 6se and I love it. I've only had it about a year and it's my first proper telescope. Every opportunity I'm out in the garden both looking through it and attaching my dslr to the back for fainter objects.
      I'm noticing I'm getting movement in the longer exposure photos and after a bit of googling I think it's the mount.
      So I'm looking to upgrade. I'm thinking something a little future proof but I'm not made of money so decent, reliable, cheaper end but good enough for astrophotography and with the possibility I might continue to add bits and pieces. 
      What do I need and how much am I looking? Help thanks in advance.
    • By William Productions
      Hello, I am an amateur astronomer that wants to get into deep-sky astrophotography. I already have a telescope which is Celestron Nexstar 127 SLT but it doesn't meet the requirements to take photos of wide field nebulaes/galaxies, (Ex: Orion Nebula, Andromeda Galaxy). I need some help on what to use and afford! It has to be under £550.
      I need a 70 or 80mm optical tube, with a mount that does polar alignment and can be attached to the optical tube then I need a Canon camera that can take long exposure high ISO photos and last a filter or two to help reduce light pollution and contrast the nebula/galaxy more!
      This is just for my birthday, I do not expect the best!
      I just need a beginners setup.
    • By lalou
      Hi! I've recently acquired a new Astromodified Canon rebel XT and I've tried to take pictures of nebulas using it but I've noticed that there are these weird black artifacts that keep appearing in my images. Would like to know if anyone has experienced this before? Or are these dirt/dust specs on the camera, filter, and telescope glass? I've attached some of my edited and raw pictures for your reference. The black artifacts can already be seen in the raw image of the horsehead nebula and after stacking I think it got amplified. Anyway, advance thanks and I hope everyone's doing well.

• By Johanvk
      I moved from color (Canon) DSLR camera's to more advanced ZWO black and white camera's with color filters. Now I have to handle gain and offset instead of ISO. In theory I think I understand very well what it's about, and took notice of the literature. In practice at the telescope I have to rely on trial and error with test exposures.  Can someone point a (reference to a) cookbook-like procedure to me, which lead to the optimal setting of gain and offset?
      Johan, Netherlands. [C14/Hyperstar, with a ZWO-183, and with a lot of light pollution.]
    • By Spider-Man
      Hi everyone,
      I'm looking to get a reasonably portable astrophotography set-up, using a 60-100mm refractor, with a suitable goto mount.  I spotted the Explore Scientifice exos2-gt with pmc-eight goto system, which looks like quite an elegant solution, and wondered if anybody in the forum owns this mount, and what they think of it's performance & usability?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.