Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_globular_clusters_winners.thumb.jpg.13b743f39f721323cb5d76f07724c489.jpg

hadyn42

What Telescope etc are you bringing to SGL11?

Looking forward to meeting you Kevin. I'm bringing my latest EEC approved achro, sweet.

image.thumb.jpeg.41d3b756f043649220f414c

• Like 3

OO 14 inch DOB :icon_biggrin:  Solar kit - Ha, Cak, white light and evolution mount.  And probably a c6/flt98 to go on the evolution for grab and go and put an atik infinity through its paces :wink:  

Need to work out protection for the DOB though - will it fit in the toilet tent or do I need a cover....

Must remember to charge up the powerpacks!

Helen

• Like 3

As much as I can fit in the bus, after tents, heaters, warm\waterproof stuff\tools & JD's...

I just pulled the trigger on an Altair Astro Starwave 152 F5.9 from RVO that I should be able to collect before the event :grin:

• Like 1

On 23 February 2016 at 16:25, cotterless45 said:

Looking forward to meeting you Kevin. I'm bringing my latest EEC approved achro, sweet.

Brilliant, Nick!!!  It sure will be great to meet you guys at long last :)

Looks like a C6R behind all that bunting.........That mount looks seriously steady!

15 hours ago, mdstuart said:

I will have my 100 mm binoculars and trusty 130p.

Mark

you are more than welcome to have a drive of my scope again Mark...observing with you last year was one of my highlights.

Hoping the clutch lasts this year and no door width issues - so:

The 350 Dob, C9.25, bins plus the little WO +filter in case of sun.

Other essentials: Nespresso machine, beer, plonk

• Like 4

Probably, SW 200mm Quattro, SW 150mm Skymax, SW 200mm DOB and the requsite accessories. If I have room for it all.

We are off to Kielder first and staying in a POD so will have the car space needed but bringing a tent to Lucksall so something will have to go.

I will be bringing my Celestron C8 N on its AVX mount, along with my Cannon 18x50 image stabilised binds. Camera wise, it will be my Nikon D300. 

Anyone bringing a 10Micron GM1000HPS ? I'd really like to see one in the field before spending more of the childrens inheritance.
Particularly interested in how you power it.

Dave

On 25/01/2016 at 20:02, Moonshane said:

Certainly my 120ed for white light solar and my pstal stage two ha mod. Still working out whether it has to me my 12" or 16" dob - depends what will fit through the caravan door (or windows! !)

Will definitely be the 120ED, PST stage two mod and 12" dob as this one fits through my door!

That said, for next time I'll have made a truss system. :icon_biggrin:

I shall be bringing all my imaging kit.  

HEQ5

ED120, ED80, WOZS71

Atik314, Atik460, EFW

all the stuff that goes with it - Plus my newly acquired Ioptron Skytracker and Canon 450D

Carole 

I shall be bringing my invisible telescope, just like I have for the last 7 years..... :wink2:

....And I have changed my hair colour from blonde to red, in the interests of everyone's night vision. :shocked:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lulu57 said:

....And I have changed my hair colour from blonde to red, in the interests of everyone's night vision. :shocked:

Very considerate of you, now we just need all the guys with bald heads to wear bobble hats to cut down on the glare :)

Dave

I agree. Astronut always hides his beautiful baldy crown with admirable modesty. Only right and proper.

Left it to the last minute to decide, then just kept adding stuff "just in case". HEQ5 and the ED66 that usually gets used for guiding, but I thought I might do some unguided slightly wider field imaging with it; modded 1000D that I haven't had a chance to use since I got it in November, bins, reading glasses for when I'm in the van out of the rain, pirate patch for my watery eye if I do actually look through a scope (with the other eye, of course). I'll give the PST a miss though. Or maybe I might need it just in case.

• Like 1