Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What Telescope etc are you bringing to SGL11?

hadyn42

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OO 14 inch DOB :icon_biggrin:  Solar kit - Ha, Cak, white light and evolution mount.  And probably a c6/flt98 to go on the evolution for grab and go and put an atik infinity through its paces :wink:  

Need to work out protection for the DOB though - will it fit in the toilet tent or do I need a cover....

Must remember to charge up the powerpacks!

Helen

On 23 February 2016 at 16:25, cotterless45 said:

Looking forward to meeting you Kevin. I'm bringing my latest EEC approved achro, sweet.

Brilliant, Nick!!!  It sure will be great to meet you guys at long last :)

Looks like a C6R behind all that bunting.........That mount looks seriously steady!

Probably, SW 200mm Quattro, SW 150mm Skymax, SW 200mm DOB and the requsite accessories. If I have room for it all.

We are off to Kielder first and staying in a POD so will have the car space needed but bringing a tent to Lucksall so something will have to go.

On 25/01/2016 at 20:02, Moonshane said:

Certainly my 120ed for white light solar and my pstal stage two ha mod. Still working out whether it has to me my 12" or 16" dob - depends what will fit through the caravan door (or windows! !)

Will definitely be the 120ED, PST stage two mod and 12" dob as this one fits through my door!

That said, for next time I'll have made a truss system. :icon_biggrin:

1 minute ago, lulu57 said:

....And I have changed my hair colour from blonde to red, in the interests of everyone's night vision. :shocked:

Very considerate of you, now we just need all the guys with bald heads to wear bobble hats to cut down on the glare :)

Dave

Left it to the last minute to decide, then just kept adding stuff "just in case". HEQ5 and the ED66 that usually gets used for guiding, but I thought I might do some unguided slightly wider field imaging with it; modded 1000D that I haven't had a chance to use since I got it in November, bins, reading glasses for when I'm in the van out of the rain, pirate patch for my watery eye if I do actually look through a scope (with the other eye, of course). I'll give the PST a miss though. Or maybe I might need it just in case.

Archived