Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What Telescope etc are you bringing to SGL11?

hadyn42

Hello Guys

I think it's about time to start my usual thread.

Just wondering what Astronomy gear are you all thinking of bringing to Lucksall this year?

I am just bringing my 9.25" SCT and my ED80 refractor with various new eyepieces I have bought and I may even bring a WO  Binoviewer!

Very much looking forward to the event indeed and meeting you guys and just to let you know that this will be my fifth year....

Clear Skies

Best regards,

Hadyn - Isle of Man

:hello2:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has to be the Star71 for me!  (ohhhh... the precious!) Visitors are weclome to come along and stroke it....lol.

The 130pds will be staying at home this year, thats having a break after being continuously thrashed for two years.

All of it...... because i can't help myself.... or my back

I'll have my C9.25 with the hyperstar, my 127Mak and debuting this year is my Sky Watcher Star Adventurer which i am very much looking forward to having a play with. Along with all the tools i won't need or use.

I keep saying as i pack stuff up "You Wont Need That".... :icon_confused:

1 hour ago, Uranium235 said:

It has to be the Star71 for me!  (ohhhh... the precious!) Visitors are weclome to come along and stroke it....lol.

The 130pds will be staying at home this year, thats having a break after being continuously thrashed for two years.

I'd like to pick your brains this time round if possible ☺

11 minutes ago, Owmuchonomy said:

What!  Do we have to bring kit?  Oh blast, no room for my daughter's cakes then. :dontknow:

I'm probably not all that far from you.  As I'm hiring a motorhome, should have enough room for the cakes. :p

For visual it'll be the 16" Sumerian and 10x50 bins, and for imaging it'll be DSLR + lens (or 150p) on AZ-EQ6, or if the bank manager / boss allows it, maybe even CCD and WO star 71!

If anyone wants to come check out the Sumerian, you're more than welcome. I'd particularly be interested in eyepiece and filter tests!

This is all weather dependant of course.

Skywatcher 10" Dob and a box of Pentax EP's for visual.

A couple of DSLRs, lenses and stuff (possibly an EQ3-2 if the weather looks good) for photography.

Lots of scotch for if it's cloudy :) 

On 25 January 2016 at 19:55, Stu said:

It'll just be my TAL 100RS and Tak FC-100 for me, and my Vixen 150ED if I've still got it! Would need to buy a mount for it though, sold the AZEQ6!

Thinking about it, I'll also bring my VA kit, SCB2000, various camera lenses, StarAdventurer and TabletPC, plus red film of course!!

Archived