Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_comet_46p.thumb.jpg.9baae12eeb853c863abc6d2cf3df5968.jpg

hadyn42

What Telescope etc are you bringing to SGL11?

Hello Guys

I think it's about time to start my usual thread.

Just wondering what Astronomy gear are you all thinking of bringing to Lucksall this year?

I am just bringing my 9.25" SCT and my ED80 refractor with various new eyepieces I have bought and I may even bring a WO  Binoviewer!

Very much looking forward to the event indeed and meeting you guys and just to let you know that this will be my fifth year....

Clear Skies

Best regards,

Hadyn - Isle of Man

:hello2:

It'll just be my TAL 100RS and Tak FC-100 for me, and my Vixen 150ED if I've still got it! Would need to buy a mount for it though, sold the AZEQ6!

Certainly my 120ed for white light solar and my pstal stage two ha mod. Still working out whether it has to me my 12" or 16" dob - depends what will fit through the caravan door (or windows! !)

Now I'm not in a caravan any more I won't be bringing a full imaging setup. I'll likely bring an LS35 and a 127 Mak with a small tripod.

I'll be brining my trusty old Meade LX-90, with ST-80 guide scope and all it's trimmings.  Don't think I'll have a second scope in time, so will have to slum with with my bino's too.

It has to be the Star71 for me!  (ohhhh... the precious!) Visitors are weclome to come along and stroke it....lol.

The 130pds will be staying at home this year, thats having a break after being continuously thrashed for two years.

Probably my 12" OO dob plus a box of Ethos / Pentax eyepieces.

• Like 1

All of it...... because i can't help myself.... or my back

I'll have my C9.25 with the hyperstar, my 127Mak and debuting this year is my Sky Watcher Star Adventurer which i am very much looking forward to having a play with. Along with all the tools i won't need or use.

I keep saying as i pack stuff up "You Wont Need That".... :icon_confused:

• Like 1

just my dob..brought my tele last year,but didn't get much use

I will probably take everything - 250px, 127mak and 2 pairs of bins.

1 hour ago, Uranium235 said:

It has to be the Star71 for me!  (ohhhh... the precious!) Visitors are weclome to come along and stroke it....lol.

The 130pds will be staying at home this year, thats having a break after being continuously thrashed for two years.

I'd like to pick your brains this time round if possible ☺

Just now, swamp thing said:

Yeah Mike sorted me out, He's a star :) 

he's a good un

• Like 1

Erm probably all of it!! :icon_biggrin:

• Like 1

SW 10" Dob, SW ED80 Frac, white light solar wedge, eyepieces, dew kit and lots & lots of beer.

Bits & pieces for the Astro junk shop.

Warm poor taste hat and cold poor taste tent.

Paul

10 hours ago, Daniel-K said:

I'd like to pick your brains this time round if possible ☺

Mmmmmm brains.... better remember to pack em then! :D

I will just be bring my 8" Celestron  Evolution and my new solar Bins only this year 

Edited by Stephen Green

I'm planning on bringing the usual recipe of 80ED and 66ED with modified Canon 1100D on a HEQ5Pro imaging rig along with my Astrotrac with Canon 1000D and my new 10 mm lens.  Add a pair of Celestron 15 x70s and simmer for 4 nights. :icon_biggrin:

11 minutes ago, Owmuchonomy said:

What!  Do we have to bring kit?  Oh blast, no room for my daughter's cakes then. :dontknow:

I'm probably not all that far from you.  As I'm hiring a motorhome, should have enough room for the cakes. :p

For visual it'll be the 16" Sumerian and 10x50 bins, and for imaging it'll be DSLR + lens (or 150p) on AZ-EQ6, or if the bank manager / boss allows it, maybe even CCD and WO star 71!

If anyone wants to come check out the Sumerian, you're more than welcome. I'd particularly be interested in eyepiece and filter tests!

This is all weather dependant of course.

• Like 1

Skywatcher 10" Dob and a box of Pentax EP's for visual.

A couple of DSLRs, lenses and stuff (possibly an EQ3-2 if the weather looks good) for photography.

Lots of scotch for if it's cloudy :) 

On 25 January 2016 at 19:55, Stu said:

It'll just be my TAL 100RS and Tak FC-100 for me, and my Vixen 150ED if I've still got it! Would need to buy a mount for it though, sold the AZEQ6!

Thinking about it, I'll also bring my VA kit, SCB2000, various camera lenses, StarAdventurer and TabletPC, plus red film of course!!