SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

New member from Norway

Linda

Hallo,

My name is Linda and I live in Norway.I bought my first telescope in autumn and it is a Skywatcher Maksutov 127mm. Reason for this choice was my focus on transportability and some OK quality optics. I have received a lot of good help on the Dutch Astroforum, where I am also a member (I am Dutch).

I have used all opportunities with clear skies to observe, even though it is very cold at times. So far I have found about 10 DSOs. And I have seen some of the planets.

1 hour ago, Pondus said:

Hello and welcome from the western part of Norway :smiley:.

Rune

Hi Rune.

I live on the other side of the country. My house looks out over Oslo. That direction, east, is also my favorite observation place from my home terrace. Then I just do with the constellations that are available in that direction. Better for observation is our hut in Tufsingdal, on the Dark side ;).

3 hours ago, Linda said:

Hi Rune.

I live on the other side of the country. My house looks out over Oslo. That direction, east, is also my favorite observation place from my home terrace. Then I just do with the constellations that are available in that direction. Better for observation is our hut in Tufsingdal, on the Dark side ;).

Tufsingdal near Femunden? Must be one of the best places in Europe for stargazing.

Rune

45 minutes ago, Pondus said:

Tufsingdal near Femunden? Must be one of the best places in Europe for stargazing.

Rune

Yes, over there. Very remote place, although the village has 180 people living there. On the map of world wide dark skies, there are only two places in Norway with darker skies.

Still maybe not the best place in Europe. In the Norwegian Sky Atlas, it shows that the more north you travel, the more DSO's/constellations are under the horizon. I live at 59 degrees north and the cabin is at 62 degrees north.

There is also often "northern light polution" in the very low part of the northerns sky.;-)

i have been there only once after owning a telescope. Then I had dew problems and could only have short sessions. Now my telescope is isolated and has a home made dew cap. And I have become a little bit better at finding DSO's. I am going there in the weekend of 5-8 February, around new moon. Hoping for clear weather...

Archived